+1 914 636 5657. 271 North Avenue, Suite 1115 New Rochelle, N.Y. 10801

Educational Visas

Educational/Training Visa Lawyer in New Rochelle, Westchester, New York

F-1: F-1 visas are for foreigners who come to pursue academic education, at any level, in the USA, on a full-time basis at an approved institution. The foreign student will have to show that he/she has sufficient funds to pay for the education and that he/she has sufficient preparation to complete the course of study. A foreigner under this type of visa is generally not permitted to work in the USA without prior authorization from U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services.

J-1: J-1 visas are for foreigners coming to the USA as a student, researcher, professor, nonacademic specialist, physician, international visitor, camp counselor, au pair, or summer student in a travel/work program participating in programs that promote cultural exchange.

M-1: M-1 visas are for vocational students that are coming to engage in a full-time program at a recognized nonacademic institution. Students under this visa are not precluded from attending public institutions, and may attend a high school, community or junior college, or other post-secondary vocational or nonacademic program. Students under this visa may not engage in any work until they have completed their studies.

For further information, please contact Dryer, Dryer & Alarcon, P.C. to schedule a consultation with an experienced immigration lawyer