Ariel A. Alarcón practices principally in the area of Immigration and Nationality Law. He has advised and effectively represented businesses in complex immigration matters involving employment of foreign workers both on temporary and permanent visas. Mr. Alarcón has successfully represented individuals in employment based cases, family based cases (including cases involving adopted family members) and naturalization/citizenship matters that required advanced knowledge of U.S. immigration laws, its interpretations, and sound research skills. He also has represented individuals in removal proceedings (including bond hearings), appeals before the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA) and the Administrative Appeals Office (AAO), asylum applications, waiver applications, motions to reopen /reconsider, requests for prosecutorial discretion and has advised clients and criminal counsels of the immigration consequences of criminal convictions.
- The American University, Washington College of Law, Washington, D.C. LL.M. Master of Laws in International Legal Studies, August 2003.
- Pontificia Universidad Católica Madre Y Maestra (PUCMM), Santiago, Dominican Republic Licenciado en Derecho (J.D. equivalent), Cum Laude, September 2001
- State Bar of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- Bar of Dominican Republic
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association (“AILA”)
- Member, New Rochelle Bar Association